Russian Association for Conservation Apis mellifera mellifera L.
Association for Conservation Apis mellifera mellifera L. was founded in December 2012 on the basis of North-East Regional agrarian scientific Center.
The aim of the work – the implementation of scientific and methodological, service and information support of breeding work with the black bees (Apis mellifera mellifera L.) in the territory of Russia.
- Carrying out of monitoring and creation of genebank of Apis mellifera mellifera L.
- Study of gene pool of honeybees with identification of local populations of bee colonies of Apis mellifera mellifera L. for selection, conservation and subsequent breeding.
- Organization of breeding farms; development of breeding plans for their work.
- Improvement and development of methods of artificial reproduction of high-quality breed queens. Implementation of artificial insemination based on breeding farms.
- Development, implementation, and popularization of effective technology of breeding and keeping of bee colonies of Apis mellifera mellifera L. adapted to environmental and climatic conditions.
- Dissemination of beekeepers breeding material, rendering necessary methodological and practical assistance, advocacy, introduction of technologies of use of bee colonies of Apis mellifera mellifera L. with a view to maximum realization of genetic potential of honeybees.
Russia 610007, Kirov, Lenin str., 166a
Tel. +7 (8332) 33-10-24, 33-10-03
Fax. (8332) 33-10-25